In countryside but near Firenze, Lucca, Pisa…
Lamporecchio is a town located in the province of Pistoia that covers approximately 22 square kilometers of territory in the hilly and partly flat. It is placed in a great central location easily accessible from the main Tuscan cities, and is located between two natural jewels of Tuscany: the Padule and the rolling hills of Montalbano. Lamporecchio, known generally as the “homeland” of brigidini. Lamporecchio, although they can not boast a historical center, understood in the traditional sense of the word, has however, distributed on its territory, a series of small towns, mainly located in the hills of Montalbano, with a keen interest in historical, natural and artistic that deserve to be known and appreciated: Clove, Orbignano, San Baronto, Papiano, Porciano, Lampaggio. Not to mention finally the beautiful landscape of Montalbano that welcomes and around the country with its rolling hills dotted with olive trees, cypresses and vineyards, which are in rassenerante natural scenery typical Tuscan.
A brief history.
Lamporecchio, which developed along the route of the road from Lower Valdarno Pistoia reached through Montalbano, was the eleventh to the thirteenth century feud of the Bishops of Pistoia who saw their privileges confirmed by the imperial diplomas of Frederick I (1155), Henry VI (1196) and Otto IV (1209); but already in 1224, after lively disputes, it was recognized political jurisdiction to the municipality of Pistoia. During the wars between Pistoia, Lucca and Florence (1306-1328) Lamporecchio alternately passed by hand until Florence, after having granted in Pistoia in 1329, not decided finally the annexation to his district in 1351. A Lamporecchio was born poet Francesco Berni (1497-1535).
In the past the major resources of the territory came from agriculture as land, particularly fertile, allowed a profitable cultivation of grapes and olives in the hilly area, flax and hemp in the flat area, while the most mountainous part of the community served for pasture and timber harvesting in the woods. Traditional element of its agricultural landscape were the joint screws of the mulberry trees.
For many centuries since the sixteenth, the area was characterized by the presence of two large farms, which characterized almost all: the Farm Clove principles Rospigliosi with sixty farms and farm Carraja accounts Manni with forty farms and their homes by worker. From the second half of the nineteenth century both seals began to disintegrate want for hereditary divisions among the members of the two houses want to make some sales. Today the Villa of Clove, after various events and several changes of ownership, it is used as weddings, conferences and meetings, while the Villa of Carraia is always owned by Count Lucarini Manni who stay there occasionally.